A bouquet of white flowers ! The “Vieilles Vignes” vintage is a very refined, powerful and harmonious wine. A great Muscadet that is recognised by connoisseurs and professionals alike and regularly rewarded in competitions.
Tasting and serving tips :
- Clear, yellow colour with a hint of green
- Intense flowery smell (rose, acacia, honeysuckle)
- A typical example of a great Muscadet with a pleasant attack, length and persistency in the mouth and a mineral final taste : the expression of a terroir (local soil)
- This great Loire Valley wine is best served with fish and white meat, goat’s cheeses, cheeses matured with Muscadet (cure), with Bourgogne marc (époisse)…
Culture and vinification :
- Grape variety : Melon de Bourgogne
- Age of the vines : more than forty year-old-vines
- Yield: 45 hl/ha
- This vintage implies a plot selection (schists / micaschists grounds)
- Bottling of the Vieilles Vignes selections take place in the spring or in autumn.
You might also want to try :