This exceptional vintage, selected on some specific years, deserves particular attention… Its long, smooth and warm final touch will go very well with the finest gourmet dishes.
Tasting and serving tips :
- Pretty, intense straw-yellow colour that reflects its smooth and silky texture
- Complex smell with hints of honey and ginger bread
- Smooth, well-rounded, harmonious attack reminiscent of brioche and dried fruit.
- Can be drunk on its own at aperitif, or with foie gras canapés, fish in a butter sauce such as “beurre blanc” (pike, hake, pike perch), delicious white meat or poultry dishes.
Culture and vinification :
- Grape variety : Melon de Bourgogne
- Yield : 40 hl/ha
- Produced from fully ripe grapes with a natural alcohol content of 12°
- Exclusive selection of the great vintage
- A minimum of 14 to 15 months of maturing on its “fine lees of vinification” gives this wine its great length, substance, richness and aromatic complexity.
- This wine is blend of a tank which did a malolactic fermentation and one which did not do a malolactic fermentation
- The “Melon” thus develops its Burgundian character and its region of origin : a purely gastronomic wine !
You might also want to try :